Stacie

Bookish Thoughts

I love reading! I read books about anything, any time, any place.

Anna Dressed in Blood - Kendare Blake | Review

Anna Dressed in Blood  - Kendare Blake

“She's my purpose and we're going to save each other. We're going to save everyone. And then I'm going to convince her that she's supposed to stay here. With me.”

Synopsis taken from Goodreads:

Cas Lowood, armed with his late father's athame knife, kills ghosts. In Thunder Bay, Anna, forever 16, drips blood on her white dress from throat slit in 1958, and rips apart anyone who enters her house - except Cas. He makes new friends - high school queen Carmel, jock Will, admiring nerd Thomas and Tom's voodoo grandpa Morfran - to fight this demon.

I enjoyed this book. It was a fun, quick read that was perfect for the Halloween season. It reminded me of an American movie set in a high school, I felt like it could transfer to screen well.

The plot and storyline were good, although some of it was far-fetched - it didn't come across this way. There was lots of humour and witty comments which I loved. It made a nice change from the whole vampires and werewolves saga, something with a bit more bite.

If you're into YA and want a quick, easy read then this one is for you. I will be reading 'Girl of Nightmares' eventually - although I won't be rushing into it.

Overall a good read, I'm glad I read this.